If you iPhone’s battery doesn’t hold charge longer, then it’s better to change the battery. Here are th steps for fitting a new battery in your iPhone.
- Switch the power of your phone and remove the iPhone rear cover. Check which screws you have at the back and use the right tool to remove those. The 5-Point Screwdriver should only be used once, as it has the potential to strip the screws.
- Push the rear panel towards the top edge of the iPhone; it will move about 2mm.
- Pinch the rear panel with your fingers; lift it away from the iPhone. In doing so, you must be careful not to damage the plastic clips that are attached to the real panel.
- Remove the single 2.5 mm Phillips screw that secures the battery connector to the logic board. Some phones may have two screws as well.
- You need to use a plastic opening tool to gently lift the battery connector from its socket on the logic board. You should be careful that you are prying up on the battery connector and not the socket on the logic board. Then remove the metal clip that covers the antenna connector.
- Use the clear plastic pull tab to lift the battery from the iPhone. A tool might be needed to loosen the adhesive under the battery. Before you reconnect the battery connector, you must make sure that the contact clip is properly placed next to the battery connector. Clean all metal-to-metal contact points before reassembling.
With these steps you can easily change the battery of your iPhone. You don’t need to go to a professional for help for such small and simple task.